One of the objectives of improving your productivity is to be able to achieve more in less time and one of the easiest ways to do this is through goal setting. Or alternatively, maybe you want to be more productive about creating more balance in your life, whatever the reason, you need to set goals. Once you have set clear goals, you then need to develop the habits and strategies that will support you in achieving your goals. Just thinking about your goals is only 10% of the job.
I am a huge advocate for goal setting and it amazes me how many people don’t know the importance of goal setting. I´ve found that the majority of the people I work with who don’t set goals, had the following reasons for this.
4 Common reasons people don’t set goals.
- You don’t see the importance in goal setting: however, with a little research, you will be stunned at the difference in statistics in the results people have between those who set goals and those who don´t. Goal setting is one of the biggest factors in success.
- You don’t know where to start: this is very common. There are steps and processes to follow to ensure the success in accomplishing your goals, spending some time doing some research is a great investment of your time and a first step.
- You don’t really know what you want: It makes sense that if you don´t know what you really want, you won’t set goals. If you find that you are in this category, take one step back and make this the first step. There is an immense amount of information out there that will assist you in getting really clear on what you love and want in life.
- You don’t believe you can create/design a life you love: Your beliefs may be holding you back, other people turn their dreams into reality every day, change your way of thinking, you are no different.
Do you resonate with any of these reasons? Let me share with you very briefly some benefits of making goal setting part of your life.
- You get really clear on where you are going. By writing down your goals, going through the clarity exercises, you walk away with a real crystal clear idea of how you are going to close the gap between where you are now and where you want to be.
- You are able to focus more as you know what you need to do to get to where you want to be.
- If you set goals, you are taking the first step in changing your dreams into reality
- The results you will see will speak for themselves, in the states, research found that only 3% of people have written goals and they achieve more than 80% people who don’t.
- Setting goals motivates you and inspires you to keep moving forward.
- You accomplish more in months than many people do in years. You become more productive, you are more proactive and you will see results sooner than you imagined.
- There are so many benefits, besides having a overall increase in happiness, your self-confidence and having/having more of what you have always wanted.
If you feel you need the support and guidance of a professional in achieving your goals, to help you overcome your obstacles and challenges, contact me for a free coaching session here.
To your success!