Right now, I can understand most of you are probably feeling fearful, overwhelmed, and anxious; we have never lived in such uncertain times in many ways. My heart goes out to everyone during this time and for the hardships ahead.
You can easily feel hijacked by fear during this time and focus on everything that can go wrong. Focusing on what can go wrong unfortunately only makes you ‘feel more out of control’.
There is so much that we cannot do during this time, that is out of our control, and there are also things that are in our control, that we can do. It is crucial to manage your emotions effectively during this time.
I like to think that COVID stands for Confident Of Victory In Demanding-times
IDEAS FOR YOU
- As much as you can, do not feed the fear and create more of it by focusing on the worst. It is normal you will experience a huge amount of fear, but it is not helpful to focus on the fear or spread it around.
- When you look back at these times, what are you going to say you spent your time on? What would be meaningful for you?
Now is the time to take advantage of being at home and working on the things you always say you never have time for.
- If you are a business owner, this could be an opportunity to work on your business and not in your business.
- Are there any habits, routines or rituals you can create now that you are at home?
- What skills or books do you desire to develop or read?
- What relationships could you strengthen?
- How can you take productivity to another level during this time?
FINALLY, What do you need to do to bring in more certainty? Are you clear on your financials, what support is provided by the government, or what is Plan B,C, or D?
When we are feeling uncertain, we need a game plan and FAITH, whatever that is for you.
So you can decide to show up and be courageous and focus on how to make the best out of the worst for yourself and others, or let fear hijack you and suffer on top of the already suffering. I hope you choose the former.
If you need support during this time, I’m offering limited ‘individual’ discounted sessions to give back and help support in the way I can, if you need support to manage your emotions effectively and to create a game plan to win, please reach out.
Remember that – Faith is believing in something when common sense tells you not to!