‘Increasing productivity’ is a phrase you hear more and more each day. We can all feel the speed at which the world is changing. Demands are always increasing, output is greater than ever and unless you keep up, you could easily be left behind. What does it actually mean, though, to be more productive?
In the working world, this generally applies to how much you are able to produce and in what time frame. Some individuals are able to achieve much more in half the time it takes others, yes, they are most likely more productive in the way they work.
If you want to increase your productivity, developing time management skills will certainly support you, but there is something very simple which most of us tend to overlook when it comes to productivity. Productivity increases when you move from the effect to the cause side of life. It starts with your attitude, as with everything else.
Here is the basic difference
On the effect side of life….
- You tend to feel like a victim very often, as if you have no influence over what happens to you, you are either lucky or not.
- You feel that the outside world has more control over your results than you do.
- You are easily affected by everything and everyone around you.
- You find that you react to situations more than being proactive in creating what you want.
On the cause side of life…
- You decide what you want and you take massive action to make it happen.
- You are proactive in creating the results you want in your life.
- You don’t wait around for others to do things for you to start.
- You feel empowered to make things happen.
Which side are you on? Feeling like you have no control or influence over your results is very disempowering and sadly, what most of us actually grow up to believe. Sometimes the biggest transformation in our life, can come from the smallest changes. Most often, this small change is in the way you think.
Living your life from the stand point of ‘I create what I want’ and not ‘I have no influence over what happens in my life’, brings so many advantages that you might not see now. You will find that suddenly new opportunities open up to you, your results will be different and you will feel motivated and excited by the possibility of ‘what could be’.
If you have been in the passenger seat of your life, now is the time to jump into the driving seat. How different would your life be if you started to live more on the cause side of your life and not on the effect?
To Your Success!
Do you want to learn other ways to increase your productivity, download my free ebook here – 7 Simple Strategies to Triple Your Productivity